- Understanding the legal and practical implementation of child protection.
- Understanding the effect of transitions on child development.
- Understanding the importance of play activities for children.
- Understanding the importance of appropriate methods of communication when working with children, young people, their parents or carers.
- Understanding the need for an awareness of multi-agency support and team working.
Completion Certificate: Each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance, but if you would like to have your work marked and certified by OCN the external awarding body there will be an extra charge of £30 .00. This will involve you producing a small portfolio of written work. Upon completion you will then receive OCN certification which will be a great benefit to you enhancing your professional development and career.